things are going alright. Rhiannon got pretty sick from the magnesium sulfate. She started coughing and felt sick, they checked out her lungs and diagnosed her with pulmonary edema (which is basically fluid in the lungs) caused by the overload of fluid. So they stopped the magnesium and she is doing great. Her lungs should be normal again soon since they caught it in time. So that means that she is off of the medicine that was stopping her contractions. And they are not going to give her any thing else. So IF she goes into labor they will do the c-section. We are just waiting to see what happens. She is having minor contractions but nothing big yet. The doctor said its probably days not weeks (but there is an off chance that nothing happens and they release her). They said the steroids have taken effect and will give the babies a two week developmental bonus, so they are very optimistic about their status.
unfortunately I don't have internet access at the hosp. so the updates will be spotty, but I will post whenever I get a chance. I just ran home to get a few things.
No comments:
Post a Comment